1. MARRIAGE COURSES IN BAHASA MALAYSIA
This course is for those who intend to get married or married couples who wish to convalidate their marriage. Please register with the Parish Office (421455) few days before the course starts. The schedules are as follows:
For the Natural Family Planning course
Venue : St. Joseph’s Multi-Purpose Hall Date : Saturday, 1st August Time : 8.00 a.m. – 1.00 p.m.
For the Pre-Marriage course
Venue : St. Joseph’s Multi-Purpose Hall Date : Saturday, 8st August Time : 8.00 a.m. – 5.00 p.m.
2. INFANT BAPTISM COURSE IN ENGLISH
Venue : St. Joseph’s Cathedral Date : 2nd – 3rd August Time : 7.30 p.m.
Infants will be baptized on Tuesday, 4th August at 5.30 p.m. Parents and God parents who wish to have their children baptized are to attend all the sessions of the course.
3. THE 6TH WORKING YOUTH CONFERENCE
The Working Youth Conference this year will be held in Bintulu from the 29th to 31st August. This event is opened to all working adults. Kindly approach the WYC counter at the Church's entrance for registration and further details.
4. HUMAN LIFE SERVICE CONFERENCE
Venue : Imperial Hotel Ballroom, Miri Date : 11th and 12th September
Parents, grandparents, Catechists, Teachers, Cell group and Prayer group members, Sunday School and RCIA Teachers, youth aged 15 and above, Parish Councillors, Legion of Mary members, Altar servers, Choir members, all adult members of Christ's Body are warmly invited to be enlightened on current issues which affect our faith, life and family. Registration fee is RM50 per person from now until the 2nd of August.
5. NOTICE OF ROAD CLOSE
Please be informed that the roads to SK St. Joseph and St. Joseph’s Cathedral will be closed for the passage of Charity Run organized by the Dynasty Hotel Miri on Sunday, 2nd August from 4.00 a.m. to 10.00 a.m. Your cooperation is greatly appreciated. Thank you.
6. YOUTH RALLY 2015 - A NOTE OF THANKS
Christ Teens would like to thank all parents, benefectors, parishioners and all who have helped in one way or another during the recently concluded Youth rally from 18th to 20th July.
God bless you all.
7. * Please be informed that the side gate of St. Joseph’s Cathedral, behind Miri City Council (MCC) will be opened at 6.30 a.m. on every Saturday and Sunday. All parishioners are advised to park their cars at the MCC parking lots.
Please DO NOT PARK at the roadside as it is ILLEGAL to do so.
8. 2ND FUNDRAISING BREAKFASTThe Society of Miri Urban Poor (SMUP) will be having their 2nd Fundraising Breakfast this morning at 9.30 a.m. (after Morning Mass) at the hall of Church of Mater Dei, Lutong.